While we obviously love cookies, we really are fans of sweets and treats of all kinds here at Cookie Panache. So, as we were preparing for our Easter festivities, I came across some fun food facts and learned something about this Springtime holiday.
Did you know…
- According to the National Confectioner’s Association, Americans consume about 7 billion pounds of candy on Easter.
- Americans buy more than 700 Million marshmallow Peeps for Easter, making it the most popular non-chocolate candy.
- The first chocolate eggs were made in Germany.
- 76% of Americans prefer to bite off the ears of a chocolate bunny first; Second most popular is the feet, followed by the tail.
- 16 billion Jelly Beans are made specifically for Easter.
- Kids prefer red Jelly Beans.
- 65% of adults prefer Milk Chocolate.
- Every year during Passover, Coca-Cola New York produces Kosher soda without corn syrup.
- Easter is the second biggest candy-consuming holiday after Halloween.
- In old days, pretzels were eaten on Easter because the twists were made to resemble arms that were crossed in prayer.